Make these 4 different plant-based, gluten-free meal preps based on one recipe of roasted vegetables, chickpeas, quinoa, and a few additions in only 35 minutes.
Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas:
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked red paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked lentil pasta
- 1 cup fresh chopped kale
- 1 tortilla or wrap (gluten-free)
Fresh herbs, as desired (cilantro, parsley, oregano, basil)
4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On a baking sheet, arrange a thin layer in vertical sections of: carrots slices, green bell pepper slices, red onion slices, chickpeas, and cauliflower florets.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice evenly over the vegetables.
- In a small dish, mix together cumin seeds, smoked red paprika, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and coconut palm sugar. Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over the vegetables.
- Place on top rack of the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven.
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare quinoa. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa and vegetable bullion, cover, and simmer over medium for about 15 minutes, until tender. Remove from burner.
- To prepare meal prep 4 ways: Divide the roasted vegetables and cooked quinoa among 4 rectangular glass containers with toppings as follows. Garnish with fresh herbs as desired and lemon wedges.
- Vegetable, Chickpea Quinoa Power Bowl: In a glass rectangular container, arrange cooked quinoa, top with roasted vegetables and chickpeas, and sprinkle with hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Chickpea Quinoa Kale Salad: In a glass rectangular container, arrange chopped kale, top with roasted vegetables and chickpeas, cooked quinoa, and hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Vegetable Chickpea Quinoa Wrap: In a glass rectangular container, arrange 1 tortilla or wrap. Top with a layer of quinoa, roasted vegetables and chickpeas, and hemp seeds. Roll the tortilla around the mixture, cover, and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Pasta: In a glass rectangular container, arrange cooked lentil pasta, vegetables, quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes, and hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Garnish with fresh herbs as desired (cilantro, parsley, basil). To enjoy, simply reheat in the microwave or serve the meals cold. Toss together with a fork before eating. Store below 40 degrees F for up to 5 days before eating.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meal prep, vegan meal prep, healthy meal prep