The contrast of green colors and sunny, golden shades—as well as vibrant flavors and textures—of this easy Green and Gold Brown Rice Salad really shine.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks, green and white section (may use green onions)
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained
- ½ cup green olives, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash salt (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Additional chopped fresh basil, if desired
- In a medium bowl, toss together rice, chickpeas, pepper, leeks, artichokes, olives and basil.
- To make vinaigrette: In a small dish, whisk together lemon juice, oil, black pepper, salt (optional), and garlic.
- Toss dressing into salad.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and additional chopped basil, if desired.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 446 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Mediterranean, brown rice, Mediterranean salad