This simple, easy Mediterranean salad, which is vegan and gluten-free, is based on the classic ingredients of potatoes, beans, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, onions, herbs, and a light olive oil vinaigrette.
- 1 ½ pounds small yellow potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 (15-ounce) can beans (i.e. garbanzo, kidney, cannellini, red), rinsed, drained
- ½ cup olives, pitted, drained
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fill a medium pot half full with water and bring to a boil. Add unpeeled, whole small yellow potatoes, cover, and boil just until tender, but firm (about 15-20 minutes). Drain off water, and chill for several minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into cubes.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare the salad ingredients. Add beans, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, red onion to a large bowl and toss together. Add cubed potatoes.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, and black pepper and mix to distribute ingredients.
- Serve slightly warm or chill until serving time.
- Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup each).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 282 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: vegan salad, vegan bean salad, healthy salad recipe