In episode 490 of The Whole View podcast, Stacy and Dr. Sarah answer 10 listener questions and FAQs related to skin care, from why fragrance is an ingredient to avoid, to the difference between cleansing oil and cleansing balm, to how to buy safer skincare products on a budget!
If you enjoy the show, please review it on iTunes
- Stacy shares her expertise on skincare in this episode, answering ten listener questions and FAQ.
- Stacy’s top recommendation for buying safer products on a budget is to identify which products you use that are labeled red by the EWG (you can download the app and use it to scan labels!), and prioritize those. Typically the unscented version of a product will be safer than the scented version. And, you can download Stacy’s Target Clean Product Guide here.
- Stacy explains the difference between cleansing oil, cleansing balm, face washes, foaming washes, face bars, exfoliating washing and cleanser, including which one might work for which situation.
- Phytic acid has been well studied as a topical ingredient in skincare products and has proven benefits for hyperpigmentation and skin luminosity. It’s not an ingredient to worry about, even though we want to moderate dietary intake of phytic acid.
- The best products for healthy skin through menopause include vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and RetiNatural Complex (not retinol), which help to counteract the effects of reduced estrogen on skin health.
- The safest sunscreens use only titanium dioxide and zinc oxide for SPF. If you’re sensitive, try sunscreens with only one or the other to narrow in on which ingredient (or another ingredient in the product) might be the problem.
- Fragrance is an unregulated ingredient and a lot of problematic and harmful chemicals can sneak into products under this label. Studies have shown that fragrance ingredients are associated with a range of health problems, including: migraines, asthma and other respiratory difficulties, neurological symptoms, mucosal irritation, and contact dermatitis.
- Stacy and Dr. Sarah share some of their favorite products!
Join Our Patreon!
Come join our Patreon family! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Dr. Sarah and Stacy really think about this topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. We love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows, plus you also get access to some cool features like weekly bonus episodes and quarterly live video Q&As where you can ask Dr. Sarah and Stacy anything!
Recommended Reading and Listening
- TPV Podcast Episode 391: Non-Toxic Skincare FAQs
- TWV Podcast Episode 422: Banning Sneaky Toxins in Beauty Products
- TPV Podcast Episode 395: Personal Care Toxins
- TWV Podcast Episode 488: Treating Eczema Inside-Out and Outside-In
- TWV Podcast Episode 431: Troubleshooting Dry Winter Skin
- TPV Podcast Episode 344: Nutrients and Personal Care for Pre-teens and Acne-prone Skin
- TPV Podcast Episode 212, How to Heal Your Skin
- TPV Podcast, Episode 302: Is Blue Light Harmful and What Should I Do?
- TPV Podcast, Episode 301: Sunscreen, Sun Exposure & Sunburns
- TPV Podcast Episode 369: Let’s Talk About Menopause
Lephart ED. A review of the role of estrogen in dermal aging and facial attractiveness in women. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2018 Jun;17(3):282-288. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12508.
Steinemann A. Fragranced consumer products: exposures and effects from emissions. Air Qual Atmos Health. 2016;9(8):861-866. doi: 10.1007/s11869-016-0442-z.
The post TWV Podcast Episode 491: Non-Toxic Skincare FAQ – Part 2 appeared first on The Paleo Mom.
By: The Whole View Podcast Production Team
Title: TWV Podcast Episode 491: Non-Toxic Skincare FAQ – Part 2
Sourced From: www.thepaleomom.com/podcast-non-toxic-skincare/
Published Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 20:18:55 +0000
Did you miss our previous article...