A light and easy lunch, dinner, or even appetizer, these gluten and dairy free Turkey Bacon Ranch Wraps are practically store bought, and super easy to assemble. Great for last minute when you want something fresh and flavorful, these turkey bacon ranch wraps will literally save your bacon! They’re also no bake, meaning no heating up your house or waiting for your oven to preheat. Winning all around! These wraps are also free of: gluten, wheat, dairy, egg, peanuts and tree nuts, making them very allergy friendly.
This post contains affiliate links. None of them are sponsors.
What gluten free tortillas do I use for these wraps?
I like to use Mission Gluten Free Tortillas. They are the closet that I can find to regular wheat tortillas, in the fact that they’re white, soft and bendable. I find them at Walmart and Amazon. Most of the time, they work great, but every once in awhile, I get a package that isn’t as soft or bendable, so heating them in the microwave helps them be more workable/roll-able.
The ingredients listed on the Mission Gluten Free Tortilla website says:
- “Water, Modified Food Starch, Rice Flour, Vegetable Shortening (Interesterified and Hydrogenated Soybean Oils), Pea Protein, Potato Extract, Tapioca Starch, Resistant Corn Starch, Soybean Flour, Dextrose, Sugar, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Mono- & Diglycerides, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Contains 2% or Less of: Potato Starch, Baking Soda, Inulin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Fumaric Acid, Corn Dextrin, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids, Rice Starch, and Calcium Propionate and Sorbic Acid (to Maintain Freshness). CONTAINS: SOY”
I’ve also heard the Siete brand is great, but they use almond flour and we have nut allergies.
And, as a last resort, you can always use corn tortillas, as those are naturally gluten free (just not as soft, large or bendable in my opinion.) If you have a favorite gluten-free tortilla, comment below to help future readers.
What ranch spread do I use for my allergy friendly wraps?
My all-time-favorite ranch dip is my 3 Ingredient Dairy-Free Ranch Dip. It is thick, creamy and perfectly spiced (and did I mention it only needs three ingredients?).
The nice thing is that it makes about a cup worth, so you have enough to spread on your wraps, and to dip some vegetables in.
If you can’t make the dip, there’s also various allergy-friendly ranch dressings (thinner though) like: Hidden Valley’s dairy free ranch, or Daiya’s ranch dressing, Primal Kitchen, Follow Your Heart, or Tessa Mae’s.
What allergy friendly lunch meat do I use?
For lunch meat, we’ve used Hillshire Farm oven roasted turkey breast for years and never had a problem with it (we have allergies to: wheat, dairy, egg, peanut and tree nut). I get mine at Walmart. Here are the ingredients from their website:
- Turkey Breast, Turkey Broth, Modified Corn Starch, Vinegar*, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavorings (Including Celery Juice Powder*), Carrageenan, Sea Salt. *To Preserve Quality.
I know many allergy families like and trust Applegate Farms as well. Use whatever meat you feel comfortable with.
What bacon do I use in the Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap?
I have yet to find a bacon that isn’t allergy friendly. Most are just bacon with preservatives. You can either buy uncooked bacon and cook it (either a frying pan, or in the oven) but that is a lot more work.
It’s usually preferred to buy microwavable bacon (also known as fully cooked bacon), so that way this wrap can come together in a cinch. We buy the great value microwaveable bacon as well. Use what brand you feel best with.
Do I have other allergy friendly appetizers?
Yes! All of my appetizers are free of gluten, dairy, eggs and nuts. Check out these dips and other easy party finger foods:
- 3 Ingredient Dairy Free Ranch
- Vegan queso (nut free too!)
- Dairy free French onion dip
- Asian quinoa meatballs
- Italian pulled pork sliders
- 4 Ingredient BBQ chicken sliders
- Cranberry salsa dip
- Chicken salad sandwhiches
- Gluten, dairy and egg free BLTs
- Sesame Free Hummus (found in my cookbook)
Turkey Bacon Ranch Wraps (Gluten & Dairy Free)
A no-bake light lunch, dinner or even appetizer, this Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap is delicious and colorful. Salty bacon, creamy avocados and homemade dairy-free ranch make this a recipe you'll come back to often. Gluten, dairy and egg free too!
- Homemade ranch
- Turkey lunch meat of choice (see above for options)
- Red leaf lettuce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Avocados, sliced
- Bacon, cooked
- Gluten free wraps (see post)
- In a medium sized bowl, make the ranch according to the directions. Set aside.
- Cook your bacon (omit this step if you're using pre-cooked bacon). We've used both regular bacon, and microwaveable bacon with great results. But pre-cooked is faster and doesn't require you heating your oven.
- Sliced your tomatoes and avocados.
- If your gluten-free tortillas/wraps are fragile, heating them covered in a damp towel in the microwave or warming them on a skillet over low heat will help them roll/fold better.
- Spread the ranch dip down the middle of the tortilla. Place your turkey on top of the ranch, then layer on your bacon, avocado and tomatoes. Salt and pepper if you like.
- Roll and eat immediately.
- You'll want to make these right when you're ready to eat to avoid the avocados from browning. Or, add the avocado right before serving.
*Our allergies, while severe and that get re-tested frequently, are such that we can go strictly by what's on the label. I do not call companies to see what things are derived from, or call manufacturers to see about potential cross contact. If your allergies require you to do so, please do your own homework. I cannot assure you of any ingredient's safety, only you can do that. I simply share what works for our family.
**If you are going to feed this to someone with food allergies, and you yourself do not have food allergies, I HIGHLY recommend having them check every single brand and ingredient you are using, to ensure they're OK with each part of the recipe. And, to make sure you've talked to them about how to avoid cross contamination in your kitchen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS TURKEY BACON RANCH WRAP SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT. WHILE YOU’RE THERE, CHECK OUT MY OTHER DIET SPECIFIC PINTEREST BOARDS.
The post Turkey Bacon Ranch Wraps (Gluten & Dairy Free) appeared first on Allergy Awesomeness.
By: Megan Lavin
Title: Turkey Bacon Ranch Wraps (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Sourced From: allergyawesomeness.com/turkey-bacon-ranch-wraps/
Published Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 18:03:17 +0000